Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The world of clay on Wednesday

Well, it's been many Wednesdays since I last posted. This fall season has been very busy here and I figured people would rather get their orders than read my ramblings. Somehow, I seem to be caught up at the moment, so I thought I'd post something.
Today marks the one week anniversary of Lou's last day. (He is majoring in Mechanical Engineering at KU and his class schedule would not allow him to continue working here) Lou was our shipping clerk for 2 years, 2 months and 2 days. (Pretty cute, huh? Totally unplanned even!) Over that time, I came to rely heavily on him. So far, I've been getting by ok. We hired Jeanette to take over and she's coming right along and doing quite well. BUT, I thought Lou needed to be honored here in my world of clay because he will always be a part of my world and the Bracker Family. Lou's last name is McKown. Note that his initials are LM. So, in his honor, all AMACO LM glazes will be on sale from now until I remember to take them off sale. (That could be awhile - Lou would have been the one to remind me to do that. *grin*) Lou, if you're reading this, we sure do miss you, but we wish you all the best!!!

No comments: